May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I love mother's day. Not only because I am a mother but because we celebrate all mothers. I love my mother and all she does for me. I am a little sad this year because I can't be with my mom on mother's day. She is in Texas seeing her mother's gravesite and cleaning out her house. I should feel lucky though because some of my friends never get to see their mother's on mother's day. I love my mother-in-law. She is the sweetest lady and my 2nd favorite mom on this earth. I do get to see her on mother's day and that will be nice. I love my grandmother and called her to wish her a happy mother's day. She will be 80 years old in a week and we are glad she is still here on this earth.

I am blessed to be a mother. I have 2 beautiful children and a puppy (yes I am mommy to the puppy). My hubby spoils me as a mother. This morning before church my family let me open some presents. The children gave me the most appropriate card. You open it up and two bunnies start screaming mom in a bunch of different ways and it sounded like my children perfectly. Still makes me laugh. Of course my husband gives me a card that makes me cry. He is so sweet that way. Then I opened the present I had asked for... a book. Then my children gave me a gift they thought I would love... a snuggie. As cold as it has been, it was perfect. Then my hubby came in from the garage with my last present... a hammock. I am so excited for this hammock. I really don't have a place out in the backyard to hang out while the children play so this will be perfect. My grandfather had one at his house while I was growing up and I enjoyed the relaxation of it so I can't wait for my hammock and the warm weather.

Church was great. I enjoy being a mom at church and being in the Primary. The Primary kids (and me) sing a mother's day song to all in Sacrament. Then we get a gift and this year it was something I was craving... chocolate and starburst. Love it!

I hope all my friends and family enjoy this mother's day. I know I am enjoying every minute of it.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment