September 15, 2010

My Brave Girl!

I have to share this story about Kimberly. She is a sweet princess in our house and she is also a major drama queen. If she gets the tiniest bump or bruise, it is the end of the world to her. Matthew has found he can make her cry and loves it.

Knowing this about Kimberly will make you realize how brave she was yesterday. Yesterday she had to go to the dentist for her first filling. I was worried how she would be since I am a big baby in the dentist chair. We have been speaking very positive about this experience for a long time but I still wasn't sure how she would be. I let her take her favorite stuffed animal Heart for comfort.

That morning she had many questions that were funny. She thought the drill the dentist used was like daddy's big "L" shaped drill. She thought she couldn't eat for days because of the numbness. And many others like it.

Well we got there and they showed her the tools that they would use (all except the big numbing needle). I didn't really know how they numb a child but it was the same way they numb an adult. Kimmy was fine during the shot and she didn't even act scared. I asked her if she was ok and she said yup. They did use a little laughing gas on her at first but since she did so great during the numbing shot, they changed her to oxygen for the rest of the time. She felt fine and was enjoying the numbing feeling of her mouth. During the quick filling (and I mean quick), she didn't even flinch once. I was watching her hands on her stuffed animal and they never once grabbed it in pain. When they were done, they told her how great she did. I was just shocked. She was all smiles when they got done and said it didn't hurt or anything. She never once was scared or cried. I couldn't believe this was my daughter. In fact, I was so proud of her that I started crying and couldn't stop. (hormones or allergies or something... haha)

Kimberly has to have another filling next month and she was fine with that. In fact, she told me how easy it was that I didn't have to come with her. Oh she is so grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment