April 27, 2009

Family gatherings

Why is it when families get together, the women find a way to chat around the food, the men chat around the tv, and the children get more wild and run all over the house. I swear, my daughter seems to think when we are at a family member's house, she doesn't think I see everything she does. At least she knows (or at least I think she does) right from wrong. I know that will change in her upcoming years but for now I can be proud. As for Matthew, he is starting to come into his own and he loves to show off. It may take a few minutes for him to warm up but then he becomes the life of the crowd. And he really wants to be a big kid and do what the big kids do. Oh well.
At least we got to visit with family and especially my niece Rebecca and her hubby Justin. They just came in from Oklahoma where he was stationed. Now in a couple weeks, Justin will be heading to Korea while Rebecca stays here growing bigger and bigger. We just found out a week ago she is expecting. So that makes Brian and me great uncle and great aunt. I am too young to have great in front of a title. haha.
It is pretty fun to be part of a big family though. Many people to turn to for advice, comfort, and just plan chat time.
Blessings to all until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment