April 8, 2012

Kimberly's 8th Birthday Party

For Kimberly's 8th birthday party, she wanted a dog party.  (Secretly I was grateful we didn't have a girly party)  We invited 16 kids (I know, insane) because this might be the last birthday party with all these kids together with everyone moving and what not.  The party was a hit.  The kids seemed to have a great time.  We started the party with some coloring pages and word finds then moved to games.  We blew up a picture of our dog and played pin the ear on the Duke.  Then we had presents and then played Feed the Dog.  This bean bag toss game was a lot of fun.  Then we sang Happy Birthday and ate dog bones (sugar cookies).  We then went out in the garage and busted up a pinata.  They make them pretty tough nowadays and Brian had to rip it apart after the kids all had a good turn beating on the dog bone.  It was time for a craft while they waited for their parents.  We found a cute craft online with clothes pins where they make a dog that holds their pencil.  The kids had fun decorating their dog I think.  I know one thing... it was great to do this for Kimberly but afterwards, I was tired!




I love birthday parties but I need to adopt some ideas from my friends and only hold parties every other year.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment