August 18, 2012

Crested Butte CO

My cousin and his (now) wife decided to get married at Crested Butte CO.  So for 4 days Brian and I (without chicklets) and my parents went for a vacation there.  We stopped at a lot of places on the way and got to see country I haven't seen before.  The place is like Park City... a cute little ski resort.  It was warm but a lot of fun.  The wedding was beautiful despite all the rain.  On the last day I was missing my kids and was excited to see them.  My in-laws kept the kids for us and they said they were really good.  They had a lot of fun at Grandma's but seemed to be happy to be with us again.  It was a nice vacation for us.
 This was the view from our hotel room... okay suite.  This place was beautiful.  We had a 2 bedroom, 3 bath suite and as you can see... had a beautiful view of the mountains.  There was a ton to do up there if you were the athletic type.  You could mountain bike, hike, play mini golf, zipline, disc golf, etc.
 Friday night the bride and groom had a dinner for everyone.  It was at a park and these parks are nothing like our parks here in Logan.  I was trying to find a park in Logan that was small enough to compare it too.  It was a nice little park though and barely held all the people that were at this dinner.  The house behind the park was part of the party so we had somewhere to go if need be and it housed all the alcohol.  And when I say alcohol I mean a bar.  Jeez they had a lot of booze to drink.  Luckily there was normal pop and water for those of us that refrain from that kind of stuff.
Here we are getting ready to go ziplining.  It was a blast.  They had 5 platforms that we ziplined to so it wasn't just one big zipline and you were done.  It was 4 little ones and one big long one at the end.  Our zipline guides were fun and made us try different ways to jump off each platform.  I am quite a chicken and so I didn't do all of them but Brian did.  He isn't afraid of anything.  I was pretty proud of myself for trying this... I have become quite chicken in my old age.
 This is the video that Brian took of me on the last zipline.  Yes I am a dork but it was fun for our kids to see what we did.
 This was the beautiful wedding location.  It was up on the mountain at Uley's cabin.  We were supposed to ride the chair lift up but as you can see the dark clouds by this picture... it wasn't the best of weather.  An hour before we were supposed to go up, it downpoured.  Then it started lightning and thundering.  This put a halt on the chair lift so we had to bus up to the cabin.  My cousin was determined to ride the lift up (I think he needed the thinking quiet time before he got hitched) so he was all prepared to bribe the chair lift people.  They made a few phone calls and agreed to letting them ride up.  Luckily through the entire wedding and a couple hours of visiting and pictures afterwards, the weather held up and was beautiful.  Then when it was time for dinner in the big tent, the rain came and didn't stop all night.  It didn't dampen their spirits though.
 Here is the happy couple and their dog Penny Bean.  Penny Bean was the ring bearer/flower girl.  I am so happy for my cousin Brian.  He is such a good guy and has met a great gal.
 Here are my folks just hanging out waiting for dinner.
Here we are.  Poor Brian couldn't wear a hat so he looks bald.  haha.

We had a great vaca and we were so happy to see Brian and Kelsey get married.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Tammy! Just found your blog on Erica's site... it was so wonderful to have you all at our wedding! Life is just blissful right now and we're have a great time. The best part is planning for things down the road!!

    Talk soon!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete