August 18, 2012

Pioneer Day

For Pioneer Day (July 24th), our town goes all out for celebrating the Pioneers coming out west.  Our Stake (church) holds a morning breakfast and then the Primary children have a parade around the church.  Then the town has a big parade and then lots of fun activities for the rest of the night.
 Here are our pioneer children.  While most children ride their bikes or dress up and walk like pioneers, our children wanted to ride their 4wheeler and tractor.
 Jacob was still a bit young to be in the parade so instead he just wanted me to take pictures of him while we were waiting.
 Aren't they cute!
 During the big town parade, we joined the Girl Scout float.  Boy it was a hot parade time.  The morning was threatening rain but by parade time it was beautiful and hot.
Yes this is me as a Thin Mint.  I swear I shedded about 10 pounds (I wish) during this parade.  I was a big sweaty mess when all was said and done.  But it was a lot of fun.

Happy Pioneer Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment