November 26, 2012

My answer came in the form of a Reality TV show

It is no mystery that I struggle with my children all the time.  Kimmy is always pushing my buttons, Matthew is starting to push, and I am scared that if I don't get a handle on this, Jacob will push too.  So I am always looking for answers.

The other night was the last straw for me.  It was a bad day all around but ended with me getting so upset that I wondered if I would have a heart attack at a young age.  So I got on my knees and was pleading to my Heavenly Father to help me and give me answers.  I went to bed feeling like he was pondering how to answer my prayer.

The next morning I still didn't feel inspired so we just went about our normal morning.  By the time all the kids were in school and Jacob went down for nap, I was just plain discouraged.  I didn't know what to do or where to go so I decided I deserved a downtime and watch some mindless tv.  What catches my eye was 19 Kids and Counting.  I haven't watched this show for a good year but today it sounded pleasant.  Boy did it wake me up.  By the time I finished watching my hour worth of tv, I knew my answer to my prayer.

If I try with all my might and do what my Father in Heaven has asked me to do, then I should see the blessings.  This is my answer and I know I need to put it into action.  It won't be easy but it will be worth it.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment