December 1, 2012

Lights at Temple Square

We were able to see the lights at Temple Square early this year and we were so glad we did.  The weather has been unseasonly warm and so we weren't cold.  It started a light rain when we got there and that didn't stop us nor did it bother us.  The kids enjoy all the lights and we just enjoy being on Temple Grounds to feel the peace.  I enjoy every inch of the square and this time we got to listen to a couple singing groups.  It was a neat experience.  My favorite part was when we were in the North Visitor Center and decided to go see the Christus.  While we were waiting for our turn (there were quite a few people), we could hear Jesus talking.  Jacob's eyes were huge and he looked at me and said really slow "Jesus".  I loved it.  Then when we went up to hear the presentation and see the statue, Jacob was so happy to see Jesus.  I love that he isn't quite 2 and yet he knows someone very important in his life.  After the presentation, Kimberly really wanted to walk up close and see the wounds on the Savior... she was very solemn after seeing them.  I think now that she is baptized and understands a little bit more what Jesus did for us, she knows how important those marks are.  I was very happy seeing her like this.

We couldn't have asked for a better night to see the lights.  It always puts us in the Christmas spirit.



So I have to comment on 2 things... Jacob had so much fun taking pictures.  He was more than happy to pose and smile.  There were even times when he would stop and smile at me thinking I was going to take his picture.  The second thing is the hats.  My children love these hats.  They are so warm and fuzzy and fun.  Jacob is just now getting into his hat and I mean literally.  When we got dressed in the parking garage, as soon as Jacob got his hat on, he started growling and chasing Matthew around.  The neat thing about these hats is the conversation piece they become wherever we go.

Hope every one enjoys the start to the Christmas holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment