July 5, 2013

4th of July Fun

4th of July is always a fun day.  We spend the day in my hometown of Soda Springs. The day starts with a parade.  The start of the parade is my dad and the other veterens carrying the flags.  What a great honor seeing my father in uniform marching.  I am so proud of him.  Then the rest of the parade consists of hometown businesses and events.  Granted my kids could care less but they throw loads of candy and we score big time at this parade.  We also get to see lots of family so that is fun.
 
After the parade, we walk around the park and visit with other old Soda people that come back for the celebration.  Fun but a little bit boring for my kids.  So then we head to my parents for a fun bbq and this year was a fun water fight.  My poor mom cannot move the next day with all the craziness we had but it sure was fun.  Love spending time with my folks.
 
This is our family (grandmas, aunts, cousins, etc.)
 

My dad!

The Vets!

Kimmy in action grabbing candy.

Jacob trying to enjoy the parade.  Too many noise fire trucks though.  But the candy is awesome!
We love the 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment