September 5, 2012

Matthew's First Day of Kindergarten

 Gotta love his Angry Bird backpack!
Matthew is an official Kindergartener.  That seems so crazy to me.  I will never forget the day he was born.  Ok I will stop crying and get back to Matthew.  I have to tell you a little bit about my Matthew.  He is such a great kid and always tries to help me out.  He is a sports nut and could play baseball 24/7 if you let him.  Now with that in mind, he is also a very nervous kid when it comes to something new.  Before any sport he has played, he has been extremely excited but extremely nervous.  Usually it results in a breakout of tears for a few minutes and then he is good to go.  So first day of Kindergarten comes and Matthew wakes up and starts to get dressed.  He is being pretty quiet so I am just hanging out waiting to see what happens.  Sure enough... he comes out with buckets of tears telling me he was going to throw up.  I could see he was just really nervous so I had to be very positive.  It is a good thing Matthew doesn't understand that I cry at everything because I had tears too but I was so happy for him.  So Kimberly and I sat there and did all we could to get him super excited and not nervous for Kindergarten.  I even threatened Matthew I would dance really silly just to make him laugh.  It worked.  By the time we got to school, he wasn't nervous and was happy.  Of course when I picked him up, he was so excited to tell me everything about school.  He loves it.  He is typically a shy kid so I didn't expect him to make friends right away.  We have been in school for about a week and he tells me he is starting to talk to the kids.  I am glad.

I love this kid... no matter how many buttons he tries to push.

No comments:

Post a Comment