February 8, 2013

6th Week of Pictures - Kids Room

This week's picture theme is Kids Room.  Now I could show you how we have not finished organizing our boys room and how the toys are still in totes... or I could show you how we converted Matthew's bottom bunk into a place for trains and car tracks.  But that isn't what is pressing in our house when it comes to kids rooms.  My nightmare is my daughter's room and I would like to display it.  No matter how many times I ask, she will not clean her room.  I am lucky if she pushes stuff out of the way once a month (her version of clean).  How she decides what is clean and what belongs in the dirty clothes is beyond me.  We have had numerous fights about her cleaning her room.  When she turned 8, we made her a deal that she could change her room to whatever she wanted.  Unfortunately we were putting our house up for sale and thought it wouldn't be a good time to overhaul a room.  So we promised her when we got into our new house, we would make her room hers.  What she wants is a zebra closet (I talked her down from her entire room being zebra to just her closet), one hot pink wall, and accessories that are zebra hot pink.  Well at Christmas she got all these cute things from her Grandparents that are zebra hot pink.  We made her a deal.  If she could keep her room clean for 1 week, we would paint and hang stuff up.  It is now almost mid February and it hasn't happened yet.  So this picture week gave me the advantage of cleaning her room and trying to help her get her room the way she wants it.  When she came home to find a completely cleaned room, she was so happy and eager to keep it clean for her room painted.  We shall see what next Wednesday brings. (I am bugging her to death about it cause I would like to see her get her room.)
 
This is what her room looked like Wednesday morning:



 
This is Wednesday afternoon (after I attacked it):




 
It is now Friday and so far we have had a clean room for 2 days.  We shall see.....
 
Next week's theme is Someone You Love.  This should be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment