January 25, 2013

4th week of pictures - Something White

This week's picture theme is something white.  My first thought was snow because that is what our world looks like right now.  It was also the same thought of my husband and childrens.  But snow is only white to me when the first snowfall hits.  Snow in January (no matter how new it is) is always brown and dirty.  So I had to think of something else.
While looking around my house, these beautiful handmade things came to mind.  My mother-in-law makes these for every couple and every grandchild.  So we have 4 and they are all unique.  I think they are awesome and wish I had her skills.
The second thing that came to mind was my daughter's baptism dress.  This was our big deal thing last year and this dress was her absolute favorite.  It fits her perfectly: dainty, lacy, sparkly, and poofy.
 
 
 
 
So there you have it.  Something white.
Next week is bathtime.  Should be fun... as long as I don't get any flashers in my photos (and they always try!)
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh those doilies are gorgeous! My grandma used to make those. The baptism dress is gorgeous too. I saw it in person and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete