January 1, 2015

2014 Peterson Review

2014 Peterson Review

As you can see from my blog, I didn't post anything in 2014.  It honestly was me rebelling.  I just didn't want to have to do it but I know I needed to post things happening in my house.  So I promise to be better this year and post happening from our household.

Here is what happened with each individual in 2014:

Duke: Our cute Dukie spent his year enjoying his backyard.  He loves the room to run and bark at anything and everything that came by it.  He loves when we go play in the backyard, especially with him.  He has had fun playing through the fence with our neighbor dog Lilly (whose family calls Duke Bruiser).  He is our little bear cub because he is as big as one (not really fat... just big).  He enjoys hunting, running in the mountains, and riding in the van.  2015 will bring more loving life for Duke!

Jacob:  2014 came in with Jacob being a little toddler and left with him a full on Preschool kid. Jacob had a big year.  He (FINALLY) figured out how to potty in the toilet, enjoyed his Sunbeam class in church, found a love for 4wheeling and riding his bike, and started Preschool with Teacher Janice. Jacob is a happy fun loving kid and would play every minute of the day if he could.  He also found a love for a particular show called Paw Patrol.  2015 will bring more fun loving days, preschool, and learning how to ride his brand new big boy bike!

Matthew:  Matthew started the year enjoying his 1st Grade year.  He had a blast and learned how to be a better reader and his love for Math.  He also played spring soccer (with his dad coaching), baseball in the summer (loved every minute of it, even on the rainy days), fall soccer (with a Providence team), and found a love for throwing and kicking a football.  Matthew is all about sports! This fall he started 2nd Grade and has realized that he does love school, just not so much the homework.  He has been hunting with his dad a few times and loves it.  So much so he asked Santa for a BB Gun and got it.  Yes we have already been shooting a couple times.  2015 will bring more sports. a big baptism, and just a year of fun for this cute, freckly kid!

Kimberly:  2014 had a lot of highs and a lot of lows for Kim.  I am chalking most of it up to being a tween and starting hormones.  Some of her highs involved Girls Scouts and selling almost 600 boxes of cookies (the most in our troop), Achievement Days, Piano Lessons (loves her teacher and really has an ear for music), and of course LaShars Dance.  Dance is Kimberly's life and it shows.  She is on a performing team with LaShars and performs all year at competitions, football games, basketball games, and at events.  She also loves having friends and even stepped up to being a best friend with a new girl that moved in our ward this year.  Some lows include being bullied, losing friends (everyone has free agency we remind her), fighting with her brothers, having to practice piano, and as always chores (especially cleaning her room).  2015 hopefully will bring more smiles than tears for this girl, her last year of Girl Scouts, her last year of Achievement Days, more Piano, more friends, and lots of dancing.

Brian:  2014 brought most of the same for Brian.  He worked lots of hours (but did get to enjoy the summer this year), he is still a 11 year old scout leader, still loves to ride 4wheelers; go fishing; and go hunting, and has lots of projects to work on here at the house.  2015 will bring much of the same but Brian hopes to enjoy more of his favorite hobbies.

Tammy:  My year went fast.  I spent most of my year doing what I love and that is taking care of my family, visiting with my parents (and helping them with whatever they need), being a good wife, keeping a clean house, volunteering at our elementary school, and being a Girl Scout leader.  Turning 40 this year made me realize that I need to take better care of myself so I started walking this year.  I love taking some time each day to get in a good walk.  Unfortunately I have had some health issues the last 2 months of the year and haven't been able to get out as much but 2015 will change that. 2015 will be the year I get healthy again.  More walking, eating better, and toning will be my biggest goals this year.  Of course I will enjoy every day to the fullest (and I will remind myself on the days that I don't)!

Our family is very excited for our big vacation in 2015.  We are going to San Diego for a few days and then on to Disneyland to watch Kimberly perform with LaShars.

By the end of next year we will have a middle schooler, a cub scout, and a preschooler enjoying his last year before being a Kindergartener.  Wow, much to look forward to!

We will spend 2015 living the Gospel to our fullest with much faith and love for our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.  We will pray for many blessings for our family and will do the same for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment