May 28, 2013

Kimberly's Selfless Act

I am so proud of Kimberly.  As crazy as she drives me some days, there are days like today that make me smile.  Kimberly donated over 12 inches of hair to Wigs for Kids.  She grew out her hair for 4 years and it was long.  This makes me smile more than just because of the selfless act.  I am so happy to see all that hair gone.  Kimberly has a good thick head of hair and it would just tangle up badly if she didn't brush it every morning and night.  We would struggle and cry about this hair more times than I can even count.  It will be nice not to have to deal with the fighting and tears for a few months.
 
Wigs for Kids is a cute organization we found online.  We normally donate to Locks of Love but the last time Kimmy never got anything from them and then we found out they were having missing pieces and not able to account for everything.  So we looked up somewhere else to donate and found Wigs for Kids.  The neat thing is that one of the founders is a Girl Scout Leader and she will give out a patch for donating.
 
I am sooooo proud of Kimberly.
Before

Before

During

Right after

After

After

No comments:

Post a Comment