March 15, 2013

11th Week of Pictures - Siblings

Being an only child, siblings to me meant my dog. My parents have siblings but they live far away and I only got to watch interaction with them once a year.  I then married into a family with 7 brothers and sisters. From all these examples I have learned that siblings love each other, they fight with each other, they have their favorites, and there are many similarities and differences between them.
I was very determined not to have an only child... I now have 3 children.  I enjoy watching my children grow and they teach me about siblings.  They too love each other, fight with each other, have their favorites, and there are many similarities and differences between them.
I commonly hear from strangers how much my children look alike.  I don't see it.  Maybe because I know them in and out and their personalities and what not... they are all completely different in my eyes. A stranger the other day stopped me and mentioned to me that I must be Matthew's mom.  I had to think of how I might know this lady.  Nothing came to mind and then she pointed out Jacob and said they look so much alike she knew they had to be brothers.  Come to find out, she teaches Matthew reading in school.  I have even had people ask me if Matthew and Jacob are twins.  Still don't see it.
So I decided to take some pictures to see if I could see the similarities that others see:
 
 Yes Kimmy's legs are gigantic.  Matthew's are a bit small... and Jacob's are a bit long.
 I love seeing the ages in this picture.  You can pick out my cute little baby fat Jacob hands and of course Kimmy's are the ones painted.
 I love how their ears stick out... but not too far.
I do see the connection that other people see.  I am grateful I see the differences too.  My beautiful children.  They really do get along well and love each other very much.
So thankful I have children.  They truely are a blessing.

Next week is something green... I better take pictures on Sunday for St. Patricks Day.
http://iotamaker.blogspot.com/2013/03/52-week-photo-project-week-11-siblings.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment